Where to find palliative care help in your state
There are a range of services and organisations that can help people who are ill or their carer. Finding this is not always easy. The pages in this section have information that can help. They provide information on State and Territory level contacts ratther than local services.
The pages are not intended to replace the care or advice of your health professionals. They provide information on resources that may help you to manage better.
A few key contacts include:
- The National Palliative Care Service Directory from Palliative Care Australia has developed the can help you to find a specialist palliative care service near you. Other types of services are also included in the database.
- The National Health Services Directory is a comprehensive national directory of health services and provider information covering GPs, pharmacies, hospitals, and emergency departments.
- The healthdirect website provides safe, practical health information and advice and is supported by the governments of Australia.
- The Australian Government’s My Aged Care contact centre and website provides access a range of aged care services.
- My Aged Care has information about quality and standards in aged care
- Carer Gateway is a national online and phone service that provides practical information and resources to support carers. The Help and advice page provides links to practical tips and support to help carers.
- You can find out about payments and services for older Australians who are retired, planning for retirement or considering working past age pension age at Centrelink. There is also information for carers. Carers can also find links to local carer organisations on the Carers Australia website.
- Respite allows carers to take a break from their caring role Carer gateway has more information on accessing these services.
- It's Your Life website principally provides retirement village information, but also lists pay-for-service assistance in various states.
Page created 16 November 2021