Bereavement Grief and Loss Resources
Bereavement, grief and loss
If you need help now:
Grief and sadness
- Grief Australia has a free app, MyGrief, which provides help for people experiencing grief and for those supporting them. They also have Information Sheets about understanding grief, including grief in children, and information on how to be a compassionate employer.
- The GriefLink Website has information for specific groups including:
- NSW Health has a booklet for people with intellectual disability on Being a Healthy Woman (6.14MB pdf) including a chapter on Grief and loss. The full resource is also available in Arabic, Chinese, Dinka, Korean and Vietnamese.
- The TEL website has resources to help you talk about death and loss with someone with an intellectual disability.
- The NHS inform website (UK) has information on bereavement and dementia and on older people.
- Cancer Council NSW: The experience of grief, How long will grief last and How to help someone who is grieving.
- From the Australian Government Carer Gateway: Death and grieving.
- The Cancer Council NSW has information on Anticipatory Grief and on Understanding Grief.
- The Reach Out website has information on Common reactions to death and Working through grief.
- Some groups describe the phases of grief that many people go through and strategies that can help manage grief and grieving. HelpGuide and Tobin Brothers have useful resources in this area.
- The Canadian Virtual Hospice has information on Grief and loss.
- From the Cancer Council NSW: What happens to debts after death? (45kb pdf).
- Palliative Care Australia has produced a helpful booklet called Understanding grief.
- The Gippsland region Palliative Care Consortium has ten grief and bereavement leaflets that can be read or downloaded.
- The GoodLife, GoodDeath, GoodGrief website (UK) has a leaflet on What to do if someone you know has been bereaved (3.23MB pdf) and How to help someone close to you who has been bereaved (1.05MB pdf).
- The Goodlife Gooddeath Goodgrief website (UK) has a video 20 takes on death and dying.
Loss of a child
Page upated 12 May 2023