Support and Services for Home Care

Support and Services for Home Care

Older people can access different types of support and services to help them  remain at home. There are private and government funded support programs to assist you. The Commonwealth Government provides two main types of support for older people living at home: Commonwealth Homecare Support Packages (CHSP) and Home Care Packages (HCP). CHSP is for people with low care needs, if you need more support then HCP provides support for people with medium to high level and complex needs.

To access these services, you will be need to meet eligibility criteria. My AgedCare has information on eligibility.

Thinking about care at the end of life

As people age and approach the end of their life, care needs can increase, and different types of care may be needed. Aged care services through My Aged Care can help you to stay as comfortable as possible during this final stage of life and remain at home if possible. Aged care providers can also help you access specialist palliative care services if needed.

Find out more about palliative care.



The following information refers to current arrangements. In July 2023 a single Support at Home program will replace the separate packages currently offered. Information will be updated when this happens.

Page last updated 27 January 2022