About using the Tip Sheets
palliAGED Practice Tip Sheets can be worked through in any order. Each Tip Sheet can be helpful as a standalone item and other relevant Tip Sheets are indicated. The evidence and references used to develop the palliAGED Practice Tip Sheets are provided as a companion supplement to each sheet.
To facilitate selection of the most relevant Tip Sheets the collection has been divided into three sections:
- Introduction to palliative care and care provider issues
- Decision-making & communication issues
- Care Issues
Suggested ways of using the collection by careworkers include:
- independent learning
- use of Tip sheets to support discussions with nurses/supervisors and others about palliative care and individual care needs
- by nurses/supervisors providing training to Careworkers/personal attendants.
Suggested ways of using the collection by nurses and educators include:
- independent learning for professional development purposes
- in-house group training for professional development and quality improvement initiatives
- demonstration of staff training and development through completion and collation of palliAGED Practice Tip Sheet reflections
- use of Tip Sheets to support facilitated staff discussion on palliative care and individual care needs
- completion of the reflection questions to identify gaps at an organisation and/or individual level and highlight opportunities for improvement
- combined with the palliAGED Practice Tip Sheets for careworkers in aged care to facilitate training of careworkers/personal attendants.